How do i generate the CSR (Certificate Signing Request)?
To generate the CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for your website so you can obtain a secure certificate please follow the steps below.
- Log into your hosting control panel
- Select 'Domains'
- Click on the required domain
- Select 'SSL Certificates'
- Ensure 'Generate' is selected and click 'Next'
- Select your 'Key Length'. Usually this would be 2084bit as this is the requirement of most providers.
- Choose the 'Common Name'. This must be the URL you wish to use the certificate on.
- Do not select 'Finalise CSR'
- Enter your contact details for the certificate
- Click 'Next'
- Your CSR will now be displayed which can be copied or downloaded.
Was this answer helpful?
Once you have obtained your certificate from your supplier you can install this by following the...
Once you have purchased an SSL Certificate you will receive an email from us containing a link to...
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) allows a secure communication channel to be set up between the server...
Yes, it is possible to install your own certificate for your website. However, to do this you...